Some see the master level as the completion of their Reiki training. The truth is, however, that there is nothing to complete, nothing to attain, and that you will not gain anything that you did not already have. The master level of Reiki is an awakening to this truth, the realisation that we never needed to look to external sources to find joy within. We now realise the simplicity of life, and of Reiki, and delight as we partake of both.
In the first degree of Reiki, the seed was planted within you to realise that you are and always have been Reiki. The master level makes this vividly clear to you in the form of the traditional Usui Shiki Ryōhō master symbol. This empowers you to teach Reiki to other people, as well as opening you up to new healing tools, both on the treatment table and in your everyday life.
Many teachers separate level three into two separate courses, level 3a, the Master-Practitioner degree, and 3b, the Master-Teacher degree. However traditionally in Usui Shiki Ryōhō these have been taught together in one course, and this is how it is taught by the International School of Reiki. This course includes the Master-Practitioner degree and the Master-Teacher degree.
It is not a problem if you simply wish to deepen your Reiki practice but don’t yet have any plans to teach Reiki. You are most welcome to join this course, and gain the insight and skills of a master-level Reiki practitioner. The ability and qualification to teach Reiki will also be with you for life, to activate if and when you know the time is right to do so. As such this is a lifelong investment in yourself.
Integrated into this course is the master-teacher degree of Reiki, which is essential for anyone who wishes to teach. However many fresh graduates from a Reiki master-teacher program find themselves in something of a vacuum. They’ve learned all the skills that they need, and they’ve got a collection of theory and techniques that they want to teach, but how do they actually get started as teachers?
The issues are practical, not knowing how to set-up Reiki classes, psychological, having the confidence to put yourself out there, practical, like how to write your own Reiki manuals, and entrepreneurial, like knowing how to make a website and how to attract students. As such, all third degree Reiki courses include one year’s free membership of the International School of Reiki Associate Masters Program.
The course therefore emphasises both the spiritual aspects of the teachings as well as the practical aspects of running a Reiki course.
- Receive the final and highest initiation in the Usui Shiki Ryōhō system of Reiki.
- Learn how to work with the master symbol both in treatments and initiations.
- Understand what is required to teach Reiki.
- Membership of the International School of Reiki Associate Masters program, giving you a clear path to running your first Reiki course.
- Reiki manuals to give to your own students.
- Printable teaching notes, including a full program for each day of each course, practical tips for choosing a venue, and exercises and meditations to use on the course.
We start the course with a cup of tea and a some warm-up activities. It’s an opportunity for us to get to know each other better. We also look at some wisdom cards before moving on to the course content.
- The Master symbol
- Third degree initiation with a guided meditation, leading to intuitive short self-treatment
- Break for lunch. Lunch is provided.
- Exploration of the subtle anatomy: your personal experience
- The Reiki principles revisited, with guided practice
- Advanced healing techniques
- Distant healing meditation practice
- Practice: Sei heki chiryô hô
- Treatment practice
- Creating a healing mandala
- Elements of initiation
- Practice giving an initiation
- Break for lunch
- Discussion: the role of the Reiki teacher
- What to teach at each level
- Guided meditation
- Treatment practice
- Closing and conferment of certificate
The Master level of Usui Shiki Ryōhō, taught by Kit Johnson.
- This is a two-day course, with between one and six students on a course.
- For one-on-one courses, lunch is included in the course fee.
- For group courses, both lunch and transportation from central Bangkok is included in the course fee.
- If you are desperate to study but cannot afford the fee, please apply, and tell me a bit about your situation on the 'extra details' question.